From the beginning of our experiments in market research, co-creation and Abnorming we have played a part in a remarkable series of successes. These include:
- The Arrivals Lounge at London’s Heathrow Airport
- The Fast Track – now at most major airports
- The Well Being in the Air Programme
- Beds in Business
- The New World Traveller Plus cabin
- First Class Suites for the Singapore Airlines A380. The first seat and bed in one berth.
- Creative development of the Good to Talk campaign for BT
- Personal development for staff at BA, BT, BUPA, Lifetime, Quest, Holiday Inn
- Good Karma at Crowne Plaza Heathrow
- BT Talkworks
- Living Cover from Lifetime/Bank of Ireland
- A unified strategy for Dell Europe
- New childcare and screening products from BUPA
- A customer initiated PMI product from BUPA (Heartbeat)
- A contribution to the new worldwide positioning for Visa
- 2005 election strategy for New Labour and Tony Blair
- New product strategy for Astra Zeneca
- New positioning for online travel brand ebookers. (Awarded the Marketing Society’s prize for International Brand Development, 2009).
- New Single Pot Activia from Danone as part of Promise Communities team (launched 2009).
- Married Single Other, a new relationship drama from ITV (screened February 2010)
I have also tried to document or record my interests and passions over the years:
- Qualitative Research a buyer’s and user’s guide by Roy Langmaid and Wendy Gordon
published by Gower 1998.
- Transactional Analysis and the Personality of Advertising Agencies – a paper to the Account
- Planner’s Conference 1985
- New Qualitative Research – a course for the AQRP 1987
- Games Consumers Play JMRS 1984
- The Breakthrough Programme for British Airways 1991 – 1994
- The Unconscious Recall of Television Advertising MRS Journal 1987
- Hybrid Methodologies in Qualitative Research MRS Journal 1989
- Breakthrough Zone published by J Wiley and Co New York, 2003
- Theory and Practice in the Large Group published in proceedings of MRS Conference 2003.
awarded the David Winton Prize for ‘Best Technical Paper, 2003’
- Reconnecting the Prime Minister – a paper to the Market Research Society Conference 2006 recorded in the American Annals of Political Science as a contribution to new methods in political campaigns.
- Co Creation, Listening for the Future, International Journal of Market Research, 2010
In 2011 I wrote on Co creating the Future which has been published in a Routledge collection of papers on Political Marketing.